PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION before signing up!!!
The Bay Area Cobra Club annual spring event will be going to Monterey this year.
Well, after month's of negotiations we finally have things in place for what promises to
be a great weekend in Monterey. Accommodations have been arranged along with an
optional outing to Laguna Seca for the inaugural Trans-Am Speedfest which will feature
Trans Am racing Series by Pirelli with pro drivers competing in modern-day race-
prepped Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Corvettes and Vipers PLUS vintage racing
featuring cars from the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA).
- Friday-Short 2hr. drive to Monterey
- Friday Social Gathering (with this new venue we have a few options so details are being
- As part of our participation in Trans-Am SpeedFest (for those electing to participate) we
will have dedicated group paddock/Car Corral as part of SVRA/Hagerty Cars & Caffeine
carshow, (2) all access passes for the weekend plus a special discounted price (50% off)
(no track time for our group at this event)
*DO NOT SIGN-UP ONLINE for Cars & Caffeine, REGISTRATION INFO WILL BE
PROVIDED for our Car Corral
- For those not wishing to participate at the track there is plenty to enjoy in the area
including shopping, wine tasting, drives etc.
- Dining- With so many options for Dinner we'll leave it up to you to pick from the many
world class restaurants in the area
More Information for all activities will be provided to attendees.
Since Speed Fest a highlight of this weekend's event , it's requested that you
drive your "vintage" car (i.e Cobra, Daytona coupe, Ford GT, Pantera, Mustang
etc) if possible.
For anyone interested in just attending the RACES ONLY and not staying in Monterey,
this option is available however registration for this event is required (ignore hotel
Since Monterey is a very popular destination, accommodations are higher priced than
we normally try to budget which maintaining an acceptable level.
That said our discounted hotel rate for BACC Monterey is $199 per night + taxes
- Double or Single King room
- Breakfast buffet -Breakfast Bar, featuring rich cinnamon rolls, cheesy omelets, flavorful
sausage, satisfyingly bold 100% Arabica bean coffee and more.
- Reserved group parking with security
- Heated pool, WiFi
The race weekend showcases Trans Am Series by Pirelli with pro drivers competing in
modern-day race-prepped Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Corvettes and Vipers.
Countering the new machines is a festive salute to vintage racing cars from the
Sportscar Vintage Racing Association that are prepared to the rules in which they were
- Trans Am: TA, TA2 powered by AEM, SuperGT and GT;