Time to jump in our Cobras and head down the coast. This year we'll be exploring the California Central Coast, and Morro
Bay provides us the perfect base to venture out in all directions.
- San Simeon Hearst Castle- Retreat of Randolf Hearst where he would entertain the nations whos-who of the
times, La Cuesta Encantada "The Enchanted Hill", is a magnificent estate of 165 rooms, and 127 acres of gardens,
terraces, pools, and walkways. reservations/tickets required
- Avila Beach- Just south of Morro Bay is Avila Beach. Activities include shopping, beach and lunch. Try one fo
these lunch spots or maybe Drive out to the end of Avila Beach Drive and out onto the pier to grab a bite to eat at
Old Port Inn.
- San Luis Obispo- Founded in 1772 by Junípero Serra, San Luis Obispo is one of California's oldest communities
in the state. Shopping, Lunch or check out the SLO Jazz Festival The 2014 SLO Jazz Festival is an event featuring
live music, beer/wine, food and other vendor exhibits.
- Pismo Beach- From ATV's to shopping Pismo Beach has lots of activities to do. Get up early and meet the
"Pismo Derelicts" a group much like BACC who meets every Sat AM at 8AM (sound familiar) to talk and show their
rides. Or sleep in a bit and then explore the miles of Dunes or take a walk on the Pismo pier, then once you work up
an appetite you will have plenty of lunch options
- Edna Valley- Just over the hill from Pismo Beach is this little known fun wine region with 17+ wineries to pick from
and some scenic drives between each one this valley offer a fun day. Though there are no restaurants in the valley
you can stop at Sextant Wineries deli and pickup lunch or deli items ( don't forget to taste their wines too.)
- Paso Robles- Like wine? We will be visiting the area during the 32nd Annual Paso Robles Wine Festival. So plan a
route and enjoy some of the best wines in California or just purchase a ticket and sample as more than 60 wineries
come together in the Paso Robles Downtown City Park to showcase their wines alongside culinary samplings,
special tastings and seminars during the Grand Tasting Sat & Sunday.
- Morro Bay- Our base location has quite a bit to offer too. The awesome 581ft. Morro Rock which is part of the 9-
sisters chain of "volcanic plugs" which stretches from San Luis Obispo to Morro Bay and provides a scenic
backdrop to the town of Morro Bay. Our hotel is literally feet from wharf where you can visit local shops and then
grab a bite at one of the many lunch spots in town
Hwy1 North toward Cayucos Old Creek Rd (Cayucos Rd East to Hwy 46 to Paso Robles
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.