In 1997 a small group of Factory Five owners from Northern California decided it would be fun to take a road trip to Lake Tahoe for the
weekend. They posted the idea on the "FFCobra" (now FFCARS) web site and "Snakes to the Lake" was born. There were about a half
dozen cars on that inaugural run and now 23 years later Snakes draws about 50+ cars annually with cars from virtually all manufacturers
The Snakes weekend is Friday to Monday for those who can join us for the entire weekend, however. As usual your arrival and departure is
open to whatever your schedule allows.
- Official Caravan will drive up to the lake on Friday
- Last year elected to drive to Tahoe using our usual back roads but eliminated a lunch stop along the way. This was well
received so we'll use the same format this year.
- The caravan will use back roads making gas/rest stops along the route every 1 hour or so. This will get our group into South
Lake around 12:30PM or so and give folks a chance to get lunch at one of the many lunch spots in the area and relax
BEFORE checking in at the hotel.
- Hotel check in is NOT until 3:30 and rooms will be pre-assigned, so there is no reason to rush the hotel desk.
- Social Hour Friday evening
- We are planning our traditional Friday Social plans are being completed on detail and will be sent out to everyone who
registers for the event.
- We have a number of options for a group event which will be determined by those who sign-up
- Options will include outings that the group has done in the past but with many new member YOU may not have participated in
such as: Tour The National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection), Mini-golf (big hit last year), kart racing, Boce'
ball/wine/beer, Local Car show and more............
- Sunday drives and/or event Sunday
- Closing ceremonies Monday (actually just good-byes and drive home)
Event drive details are currently being finalized HOWEVER, You can Sign-up and reserve your room now.